Join us for four days and three nights of:
Yoga ~ Kigong ~ Meditation
Through the morning and afternoon sessions, select from a balanced variety of professionally guided outdoor activities including:
Kayaking ~ Paddle Boarding ~ Nature Walks ~ Hiking ~ Repelling ~ Rock Wall Climbing ~ Labyrinth Building ~ Water Front Exploration
After lunch, take an optional guided hike or enjoy time to yourself or with a friend:
Swimming ~ Beach Combing ~ Relaxing
In the evening come together for guided:
Chants and Meditations ~ Lessons of Tao ~ Labyrinth Walking Meditations
"The Tao of Hornby Island Retreat" combines outdoor adventure programs with "Human Energetic's" - the world’s leading step by step system to help you awaken and manifest your most mindful intentions.
"My mission is to provide you with an unforgettable weekend of enjoyment and self discovery that you can integrate into living a life of health, happiness and peaceful creativity. "
Arrow Gonsalves Founder and Lead Trainer
During this 3 night / 4 day retreat, embraced in an exotic and divinely nurtured setting you will:
- Leave your cares and stress behind.
- Enjoy the some of the best features of Hornby Island through a variety of self-selected Outdoor activities.
- Grow your energy sensitivity through yoga, kigong (qigong), chants, meditations and other mindfulness training's.
- Awaken to a deeper language, life force and connectedness within and around you.
- Make new friendships and engage in self-empowering team building activities.
- Hone your powers of observation and higher intuition.
- Experience how building and directing your ki-energy enriches your joy of life and connection.
- Feel the exhilaration of tackling new adventures with the support of trained professionals.
- Enjoy wholesome, delicious meals that are mindfully prepared to support your weekend adventure.
- Have the option of taking some down time on the beach or in the forest, or join in guided nature walks.
You will be amazed how quickly you will evolve your body, mind and spirit to a higher level of realization and performance, and how much joy will infuse your being as you steadily awaken your true nature through the weekend.
Bio: Arrow Gonsalves
"My mission is to provide a unique and joyous retreat experience. I will help you awaken your innate knowing, strengthen your connection to natures abundant creative wisdom and assist to re-align you in that direction. I have the map to completion of your soul." Arrow is the Founder of "Human Energetics", and the Owner of "Heart Drum Beat - Taoist Yoga and Healing Services" and "The House of Now - Wellness Center" in Courtenay BC. She is a Master Trainer and Master Healer in the Tao Healing Arts, trained through the Tao Fellowship of Seoul Korea via Sedona Arizona. Arrow comes from a family with a medical and mind- body wellness emphasis. Her Father was a Brain Specialist who ran the neurology departments of the University of Toronto, Sunnybrook Teaching Hospital and St Michaels Hospital. Her mother was a Social Worker and Horticulturist. Her maternal Grandfather was a Pharmacist in London in the days of traditional compounding. With 13 yrs. experience in Taoist Instruction; she offers Do-In (Taoist yoga class), True Self Development Programs, Retreats, Workshop Facilitation, Instructor Training and Traditional Healer Training. She helps people restore health and balance while awakening their innate being. Students regain purpose, joy, compassion and wonder through study of self as part of the way of nature. Her lessons systematically incorporate Meridian Exercise, Chakra Training, Energy Healing Brain Education and both dynamic and static forms of Chant and Meditation. " Over 13 yrs teaching these lessons I can't tell you the number of times I've heard my students express deep gratitude along with shock they weren't raised with this basic knowledge of self and their place in the universe in their tool kit for life. How it changes their outlook forever, that they want to change that for their family and friends."
Retreat Details: Accommodations - Itinerary - Cancellation Policy
The Retreat Site is a 17 acre woods and meadow site situated on Hornby Island, located in Tribune Bay Provincial Park in the Georgia Strait off the east coast of Vancouver Island. It is a lovely mixture of groomed and natural setting, allowing for comfortable navigation and immersion in nature. The park has 200 acres of first and second growth forest, open meadow and field areas and a kilometre of sandy beach that slopes gently into Tribune Bay, allowing the tidal waters to warm significantly in the summer. Hornby Island and specifically Tribune Bay Provincial Park, is an ideal location for an outdoor education facility offering four season experiential outdoor programs. Hornby Island has a moderate coastal climate, wide variety of marine and land-based natural history sites and evidence of ancient human social interaction. Tribune Bay Provincial Park has 200 acres of first and second growth forest, open meadow and field areas and a kilometre of sandy beach that slopes gently into Tribune Bay, allowing the tidal waters to warm significantly in the summer. Itinerary: (*subject to slight modifications) Friday
- Check in anytime after 1 pm
- 6 pm: Dinner
- 7:00 - 9 pm: Orientation
- 9 - 10 pm: Informal firepit (as conditions allow)
Saturday - Sunday
- 6 am: (Optional) Morning Bows
- 7 - 8:15 am: Yoga and energy meditation
- 8:15 - 9:00 am: Breakfast
- 10:00 - 12: Outdoor Education Activities
- 12 -1 pm: Lunch
- 1 - 2:30: Free time or optional Guided Nature Walk (a great opportunity to relax on the beach or visit the Island market)
- 2:30 - 3:15 pm: Kigong
- 3:30 - 5:30: Outdoor Education Activities
- 5:30 pm: Dinner
- 7:00 - 8:30 pm: Evening session (Lessons, chants and meditations)
- 8:30 - 10 pm: Informal fire pit (as conditions allow)
- 7 - 8:15 am: Yoga and energy meditation
- 8:15 - 9 am: Breakfast
- 9:30 - 11:00: Morning Session
- 11:30 check out
Workshop Fee: $649.
Accommodations: Bring your own bedding (Pillows and sleeping bag or bedding can be provided for guests travelling in by Air or Public Transit with advance notice) You may book your own B & B if desired - just be advised Hornby Island is a popular vacation destination so availability is increasingly limited approaching the summer season.
- Camping Sites
Showers, running water and flush toilets are available.
Meals are healthy, satisfying and delicious. The menu will be primarily vegetarian (providing options with and without eggs and dairy) with a few fish options available. With advance notice (registration form) special dietary conditions such as gluten intolerance's will be mindfully considered during meal planning.
GETTING TO HORNBY ISLAND & THE TRIBUNE BAY OUTDOOR EDUCATION CENTRE FROM VANCOUVER: (For Bus route info and public travel arrangements click here)
LOCATION: 6050 St John's Point Road, Hornby Island B.C., Canada V0R1Z0
Vancouver to Vancouver Island (VI): Take BC Ferries: from Horseshoe Bay: http://www.bcferries.com/schedules/mainland/hbna-current.php or Tsawwassan: http://www.bcferries.com/schedules/mainland/tsdp-current.php to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island.
To Buckley Bay and the ferries to Denman Island and Hornby Island: Drive north on the Inland Island Highway 19, about 50 minutes to exit #101. (15 min south of Courtenay) Take the Denman Island Ferry. Once on Denman Island, make your way across the island on Denman Road 10 km, until you reach the Hornby Island Ferry.
- For the Buckley Bay - Denman Island ferry schedule: http://www.bcferries.com/schedules/northern/vidi-current.php .
- For the Denman Island - Hornby Island ferry schedule: http://www.bcferries.com/schedules/northern/dihi-current.php.
From Hornby Island Ferry Dock to Te Tribune Bay Outdoor Education Centre: The Centre is 10 km. from the Hornby Island ferry landing (The Centre is at the second right entrance after turning left at the 4-way stop).
Reservation and Cancellation Policy Definitions “Cancellation” is defined as not attending your scheduled Heart Drum Beat Retreat, including postponing or rescheduling. “You” refers to the guest booking a Heart Drum Beat Retreat. “We” refers to Heart Drum Beat. It is your responsibility to read and understand our cancellation policy before making a reservation. Naturally, no one books with the intention of canceling or postponing their retreat, but unexpected things do happen, so please consider purchasing travel cancellation insurance. Travel Cancellation Insurance Depending on the policy and conditions, travel cancellation insurance will pay for some or all cancellation fees. With most agencies, insurance must be purchased within 14 days of making your reservation. We strongly recommend purchasing cancellation insurance through your travel agent, or visit the following web site to compare insurers: www.worldnomads.com. Guest Cancellation Policy Heart Drum Beat does not offer cash/check or credit card refunds for any reason. A portion of your payment may be used as credit for another retreat within two years of your original retreat date. We will gladly transfer your credit to another guest. Depending on when you cancel, cancellation fees may apply. Fees are determined by the following schedule:
- If you cancel more than 90 days before your retreat start date, 100% of your payment may be applied to another Heart Drum Beat Retreat.
- If you cancel 60 – 89 days before your retreat start date, 75% of your payment may be applied to another Heart Drum Beat Retreat. You will forfeit 25% of the price of your retreat.
- If you cancel 15 – 59 days before your retreat start date, 40% of your payment may be applied to another Heart Drum Beat Retreat. You will forfeit 60% of the price of your retreat.
- If you cancel 14 days or less before your retreat start date, you will forfeit your entire payment.
Exceptions to our policy will not be made for any reason. We do not offer credit for arriving late or leaving early. You must submit your signed Participant Agreement form within one week of booking or 90 days prior to retreat start date, whichever comes first. Guests who fail to do so, may be subject to an automatic cancellation and the above policy will apply. Heart Drum Beat's Retreat Cancellation Policy If Heart Drum Beat must cancel or change a scheduled retreat date for any reason, you may transfer your full retreat payment to another retreat, or you may request a refund of your retreat registration payment to us, constituting a full settlement. Heart Drum Beat is not responsible for your expenses incurred in preparation for any canceled retreat, such as airline tickets, loss of work, and/or other costs associated with preparing for your trip.